Train Your Own Assistance Dog
Be a part of thetraining process
We work as a pack
Your commitment and ongoing association with PTSD Dogs Australia is crucial to the success of the partnership with your Assistance Dog. We work as a pack, furry and non-furry. Together we believe anything is possible. In making this application you agree and want to be part of a cohesive and supportive pack for the lifetime of your Assistance Dog – generally 10 years of working dog life.
In filling out this application, I acknowledge that PTSD Dogs Australia does not guarantee my dog will be suitable and that I have specific obligations to maintain the training and certification required by Law for Assistance Dogs.
- There are fees applicable to Train Your Own applications – these will be discussed when application is received.
- This is an application form only, there is no guarantee of acceptance.
- PTSD Dogs Australia reserves the right to refuse an application at any stage in the process, even after training has commenced.
- The organisation and recipients are governed by the Animal Care and Protection Act 2001 as well as PTSD Dogs Australia Animal Welfare Statement.
- I acknowledge it is my duty to care and provide for my dog.
- I understand that providing false or misleading information to PTSD Dogs Australia will result in my dismissal from the program.